Job ID: 1900001978
The VP, Consumer Banking Operations will support operational process enhancement, product expansion and execution for the growing suite of consumer banking products offered by the bank. Lead operational optimization of existing and planned consumer banking products and processes. Optimized processes minimize friction, improve customer and employee experience and yield measurable operational productivity.
Areas in scope: All consumer banking operational processes (contact center, chat, back office processing, fraud operations, process control, and remittance), all existing products (HYS, MMA, CD, IRA, Trust), and planned products & services (ex, transactional products and capabilities).
- Be a thought leader in the enhancement and optimization of operational tools and processes to support existing and new products, including DDA accounts
- Lead development of business requirements to support existing and new product growth
- Align across all areas of consumer banking operations, including systems, service, transaction processing, vendors and branch ops, to develop comprehensive and holistic solutions
- Support the build and implementation of process enhancements and product launches
- Support operational execution of enhanced processes and product launches
- Work with key vendors/suppliers to develop solutions and ensure operational efficiency
- Responsible for ensuring all supported processes are compliant – work with surveillance, internal control and compliance to ensure supported operating procedures are well documented and implemented
- Partner with IT to ensure optimal platform and process execution.
- Be an advocate of simplification and digitization of operations processes
- Drive visibility to external operations best practices and keep abreast of new capabilities as they enter the marketplace.
- Interface with consumer banking leadership team to support growth and performance objectives
- Provide insight to consumer banking platform decisions, knowledge of Fiserv and Cedar recommended
- Support effective and compliant deposits growth, current assets under management in excess of $50B
- Be a customer advocate/ Enhance the customer experience to be best in class – looking past ‘what we do’ to ‘what we should do’.
- Lead development and execution of optimization efforts across CB operations
- Become an expert in SYF operational process across teams
- Identify opportunities, prioritize based on impact, lead execution across teams and functions
- Employ a data driven approach, leveraging analytics to identify opportunities and measure results
- Achieve entitlement – drive the best results possible with existing tools
- Where possible, elevate entitlement – identify new tools / solutions to enhance banking operations
- Understand the competitive landscape, identifying best in class benchmarks and new solutions
- Prioritize automation and technology to drive results
- Develop influential relationships across EO and Consumer Banking to effectively lead change efforts
- Lead, develop and deploy a team of change agents, setting clear priorities and ensuring measurable impact
- Serve as a subject matter expert for transactional capabilities and related products & services
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of degree, the equivalent of at least 7 years of experience in banking or related financial services
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in consumer banking and retail deposit products
- Minimum 5 years’ demonstrated experience in third party and project management experience
- Experience in working with front and back end of Fiserv products.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large organizations and work closely with client counterpart.
- Experience leading teams in high growth, dynamic, high visibility business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking toward tactical execution.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent relationship, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change successfully across large groups.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 100,000.00 – 200,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.