Job ID: 1900003002
As the Vice President of Business Development, this role is responsible for the origination of new credit programs for the Payment Solutions platform. The VP, Business Development (“BD”) will be a leader of cross functional deal teams focused on originating, negotiating, closing and onboarding new partners, merchants, networks, and co-brand programs for Synchrony. The VP will be part of a nimble, high-impact team, with direct exposure to the Payment Solutions senior leadership team in a mission critical role for Synchrony.
- Develop and execute new business strategies focused on retailers that help to drive the strategic growth, vision, and objectives of the business; within defined risk parameters.
- Work with the platform commercial and executive teams to define and determine the new business growth priorities for the business and to drive growth initiatives; within the defined risk appetite.
- Develop and maintain relationships with C-Suite and other senior level industry prospects (retailers, associations, and industry consultants)
- Originate new card program opportunities.
- Lead transactions from sourcing to close; manage cross functional deal teams.
- Collaborate cross functionally to influence and ensure senior leadership buy in on new program opportunities that are within the defined risk appetite.
- Represent Synchrony’s interests in the structuring, negotiating and closing of multi-year agreements.
- Maintain rigorous oversight of key new business processes; ensure compliance through the development of and adherence to risk control mechanisms.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with all internal and external key stakeholders
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years of relevant work experience in the Financial Services field.
- Minimum of 5 years of negotiation experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience originating, leading and executing complex consumer credit transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead origination, due diligence processes, perform financial analysis, prepare investment memos and develop recommendations for senior management.
- Proven track record and history of successfully originating and closing private label credit card programs.
- Extensive network among retailers, advisory firms, consultants, lawyers and accountants.
- Experience developing high-end presentation and delivering them to a C-Level Suite in a company as well as to a large audience
- Strong overall knowledge of card business including risk, collections, operations, marketing and finance
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- MBA or technology degree
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in financial services with an emphasis on retail, technology, and/or consumer finance
- Boundless energy level with a passion for business development, ecommerce, and fintech
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Team player with experience and successful track record working in matrix environment with cross functional teams.
- Skilled communicator who influences and negotiates with great latitude on outcomes.
- Superior Financial Acumen
- Innovative mindset with a strong understanding of technology
- Strong work ethic, high energy level and unyielding integrity
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 115,000.00 – 230,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.