Job ID: 1900001512
The VP of Business Development, Health Systems is responsible for partnering with the CareCredit team to identify, develop and cultivate new multi-year opportunities up to $100MM+ in size.
- Partner with CareCredit SVP, Business Development and CareCredit’s cross-functional leaders to drive strategic relationship growth in targeted market segments – including focusing on expansion with Health Networks and Hospitals, Patient Payments Solution Partners, Revenue Cycle Management Companies, HealthCare Specialty Markets, and other markets as directed.
- Create, develop and grow a prospect pipeline to drive acquisition of new relationships; selling in CareCredit private label credit card programs across new and existing industries.
- Develop relationships with C-level management of healthcare industry prospects (hospitals, health systems, technology partners, providers, revenue cycle management companies, associations, and consultants).
- Conduct strategic account planning for targeted prospects to 1) Explore and prioritize opportunities; 2) Develop prospecting approach and winning value proposition tailored to specific client requirements; 3) Identify internal and external resources required; and 4) Formulate action plans and timelines.
- Partner with Care Credit cross-functional team (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Credit, Risk, NCI) to lead internal approval process including CareCredit Pre-Deal Review and Investment Deal Review.
- Structure, negotiate and close multi-year provider, retailer and sponsorship agreements. These include acquisitions, start-ups and other financing and servicing opportunities as appropriate.
- Incorporate necessary compliance and regulatory controls and triggers in proposal and deal agreements in partnership with Credit, Risk, Compliance, Legal and other associated functions.
- Transition new relationships to the client teams by assisting and guiding cross-functional deal teams from initial sourcing to launch.
- Continually promote and apply Synchrony values.
- Provide insight to marketing and finance teams to assist in the development of innovative value propositions.
- Execute special projects as requested, including gathering/disseminating competitive intelligence.
- Prospect activities include industry and company research, sales presentations, trade show attendance, and pipeline reporting
- Proposals include development, financial offers (with Pricing/Finance), cross-functional deal team coordination, internal clearance, approvals and report outs.
- Negotiations include governance and financial structure development; operational guidelines; terms and conditions.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Business Management) OR in lieu of completed degree, must have at least 10 years’ relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years of business-to-business sales experience at C-level within hospitals and large health systems, specifically focused in the area of patient payments
- Minimum of 3 years cross-functional team leadership management experience
- Expertise in Health Care industry, including Revenue Cycle Management and Billing Services
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Specified site locations preferred, Remote USA considered.
- Team leader and team player, with proven record of sales success in the consumer payments
- Excellent financial/analytical and deal structuring skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, balanced with creative persuasion and negotiation abilities.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 115,000.00 – 230,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.