Job ID: 1900000621
The Specialist, Social Media Customer & Community Experience is responsible for serving as the initial point of contact for inbound requests on Synchrony owned social platforms, ensuring all communication aligns with Synchrony’s brand voice, response and escalation protocol. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends; and will be responsible for moderating social communities of scale and engaging with our social customers and audiences in a timely and accurately manner. This position will work closely with the Corporate social media team, agencies and social media partners as needed.
- Research and respond to complex, high-risk, customer complaints while mitigating reputational risk and protecting the Synchrony brand for all Synchrony portfolios.
- Identify trends in social media and propose courses of action; work with functional areas of the business to enact solutions
- Review and moderate online community discussions; researching, resolving and effectively responding to inquiries via social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Act as a customer liaison and interface with process owners to bring resolution. Empowered to independently provide solutions to social media concerns.
- Provide continuous customer service support to ensure one contact resolution while maximizing retention opportunities and increasing customer loyalty
- Partner with Escalated Complaints, key stakeholders, and functional leadership teams to resolve Escalated mention Social Media complaints, playing an influential part in crafting effective resolutions
- Respond to and amplify positive reviews and comments to build brand visibility and positive brand reputation
- Respond to comments and inquiries in real-time to engage users and improve positive sentiment
- Move community discussions to private messages as appropriate
- Escalate comment or inquiry when needed to the appropriate teams
- Monitor and tag online conversations via Synchrony’s owned social media channels and other third-party sites (consumer forums, ratings & reviews sites, Reddit, etc.) to identify and analyze issues, patterns, and trends
- Support 100-300 customers during a typical day
- Regularly contribute new templates and responses to support constantly evolving customer concerns
- Represent our company brand and voice proudly and professionally
- Must be able to deliver exceptional customer service including ability to interact with the highest level of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Strictly adhere to all compliance, regulatory and internal business procedures
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and consistently deliver results
- Must be able to maintain required queue productivity by executing with sense of urgency
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- 2+ years’ experience or background in responding to customer inquiries through social media, social networking services or chat support
- 3+ years’ experience in a Call Center Customer Service role
- Experience with Spredfast or similar social media customer service platforms
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends and holidays. Current hours of operation are Mon-Fri 6-6pm MT, Saturdays and Sundays 8-5 MT. These hours are subject to change based on business need.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to respond quickly and within our brand voice
- Discretion to identify threats and opportunities
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to process high volume of messages quickly and effectively
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet
- Spanish and English (Bilingual) preferred
- Media Communications Degree
- Solid work ethic and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential material is required
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel
- Multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with external audiences, peers and management through verbal and written communications in a fast-paced environment required
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.