Job ID: 1800003867
Support model validation initiatives related to quantitative analytic modeling with the Synchrony Model Risk Validation team.
- Validate the accuracy and performance of statistical models and identify issues requiring further investigation, including those developed using machine learning techniques.
- Perform in-depth analysis or large data sets and assist in the review and maintenance of relevant model and model validation documentation.
- Liaise with the retail finance business teams to uncover and highlight risk associated with models.
- Prepare reports for senior management and retail finance business teams and facilitate discussions on key analytics.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Explore new emerging analytical tools and technologies and train the team members in the same.
- Having 2+ years of experience in statistical modeling preferably in risk analytics model validations position
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related quantitative field is required
- 2+ years of experience in statistical tools like SAS, Python, R, Advanced Excel Macros.
- Strong experience in exploring new emerging tools and technologies for the benefit of business.
- 1+ years of experience in risk analytics in model validations is preferred.
- For Internal Synchrony Applicants: Understand the criteria or mandatory skills required for the role, before applying
- Inform your Manager or HRM before applying for any role on Workday.
- Ensure that your Professional Profile is updated (fields such as Education, Prior experience, Other skills) and it is mandatory to upload your updated resume (Word or PDF format)
- Those who are on Formal/Final Formal Corrective or PIP are not eligible to apply
- Employees who have completed 18 months in SYF and 12 months in current role are only eligible
- Last performance rating should be at least Strong Contributor/Critical Talent
- 1+ years of experience in handling large data sets for statistical analysis / modeling and handling large amounts of data and analyzing for trends.
- Knowledge on the application of regulatory requirements for Model Risk (e.g. SR 11-7/OCC 2011-12) is preferred.
- 1 year of experience in development or testing in Pig, Spark, Python, or similar applications is preferred.
- In-depth theoretical understanding and utilizing modeling techniques supporting one (or more) of the following: Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and / or Decision Models (Behavior, Credit, Fraud, etc.)