Job ID: 1900002275
Senior Analyst, Data Management – Operations – is responsible for work on various business initiatives that contribute to Synchrony Financial growth and productivity objectives which includes work on different variety of projects like DWH, SAS, Tableau, Python, key metrics and giving insights to the business on operational data. The role also involves in supporting other teams, identifying the process for automation and streamlining them, working on DWH projects independently and are delivered on time.
- Good programming skills in Python, Importing and Exporting Data and extracting the data from data base in Python
- Experience on a visualization/Reporting in Python using matplotlib
- Hands on experience in python and tooling on anaconda
- Experience in Data manipulation using Pandas and NumPy , Automation and scheduling the python scripts
- Creating Dashboards in Tableau, Creating SharePoint Sites, Nintex work flows.
- Writing SAS code according to the business requirement.
- Writing python scripts
- Identifying the process for automation, streamline them and liaise with business with the ideas/approaches.
- Handling SAS GRID management, SAS admin activities like new user access, report access, GRID space management.
- Working on multiple DWH projects, handling them effectively
- Self- starter in identifying and research for new delivery methods, new reporting tools for the business
- Collaborate with the larger teams and process owners on the business processes.
- Experience in Operational Data warehouse like MWC1, DTS01, CDCIP3, CDCIP4, CDCIP5 and PDR.
- Ensure the availability, security and accuracy of Synchrony Financial Operational data.
- Able to work with minimal direction but seeks input when appropriate
- Graduate with minimum of 2+ years and above experience in Analytics domain
- Must have minimum 2 years of work Experience in writing Python
- Experience in creating Tableau Dashboard, workbooks and reports in Tableau
- Excellent programming skills in Base SAS
- Knowledge in SAS BI tools.
- Ability to use complex expressions to calculate, group, filter, parametrize, optimize and format custom dashboards/reports using Tableau.
- Must understand the data structures, difference between joins/Blending, Row level security Implementation, Sets, Extracts, Incremental refreshes, Table calculation
- Advanced Visualizations and tableau dashboarding skills with interactivity and publishing
Independently perform data quality analysis
- Excellent SAS Programming skills while writing the codes, debugging skills, logical thinking and understand the Business.
- knowledge in Big data and related tools Pig, Hive, PostgreSQL
- Work Experience in Sql, Oracle DB and its queries execution and in SAS GRID management.
- Understand requirements and create reports based on adhoc requests.
- Liaise with the reporting team and end users (local & remote) to gather requirements & build reports.
- Strong Team Player in cross-functional environment.
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
- Able to work hours that compliment US, not necessarily match but have some degree of overlap
- For Internal candidates: Understand the criteria or mandatory skills required for the role, before applying.
- Inform your Manager or HRM before applying for any role on Workday.
- Ensure that your Professional Profile is updated (fields such as Education, Prior experience, Other skills) and it is mandatory to upload your updated resume (Word or PDF format)
- Must not be any corrective action plan (First Formal/Final Formal, PIP)
- Employees who have completed 18 months in the organization and 12 months in current role and level are only eligible.
- Last annual performance rating should at least be Strong Contributor / Critical talent.
- Knowledge in R, Big data is added advantage.
- Work experience in a US financial institution or bank.
- Knowledge of FDR