Job ID: 1800003638
The Manager – Data & Cloud Lead Engineer will be responsible for managing, engineering and administering Splunk data & cloud platform, primarily focussed on onboarding, data & system administration, dashboarding, ES & ES administration etc. This role requires the individual to also architect and support engineering team in all programs and drive initiatives to optimize splunk platform or solution. The role also requires planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems and networks. The individual in this position is responsible for a broad range of multi-tasking, including the day-to-day management of information security tools and devices (primarily Splunk), project implementation of security initiatives, and will include significant responsibilities for the security administration of a wide variety of IT systems across the enterprise. The individual in this position interacts closely with associates from various IT teams — including the application development, infrastructure, and business intelligence teams — and with many other business areas throughout the organization. This position is also responsible for access controls, security incident detection and response, security control documentation, change management, run support and reporting.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for technical security: solutions, controls and architecture , primarily Splunk Run Team
- Provide day-to-day administration and technical support for IT security systems (Primarily Splunk)
- Provide technical security administrative duties for infrastructure related to firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanning, security monitoring tools, authentication, web filtering, identity management, access control systems, and their associated logs and processes
- Provision and audit access controls on information systems containing sensitive data
- Perform audits on IT systems access control, operational tasks and address risks
- Monitor system logs, tools and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret such activity and make recommendations for resolution
- Perform risk and vulnerability assessments, followed by appropriate remedial action, to mitigate risk and ensure that systems are protected from known and potential threats and are free from known vulnerabilities
- Contribute to IT risk identification, classification and response processes
- Contribute to the enterprise risk management process as needed
- Perform technical security project implementations and meet project deadlines
- Actively contribute to inter-departmental and cross-functional teams for the protection of information assets
- Research and stay up-to-date on current security threats and vulnerabilities to relevant information systems
- Provide support for the preparation and execution of InfoSec audits
- Provide support and direction for improving InfoSec policies, processes, and standards
- Perform all additional duties as assigned by management and business leaders
- Bachelor’s degree and over 6 years of Information Security experience
- 5 or more years with Splunk administration, architecture and/or engineering experience or expertise.
- Experience in Secure coding practices/ System Integration/ Network Administration/ TCP/IP protocols/ Intrusion Detection/Prevention/ Security Incident handling
- Experience in Cloud & Data Engineering (On Boarding, Rejects, Scripting, Dashboard Development & other engineering activities)
- Experience reviewing information and articulating solutions in a fast growing and dynamic environment
- Candidate must be flexible working in 24x7x365 shifts
- Displays passion and responsibility to the customer either internal or external
- Good understanding of IS security controls, monitoring systems and business drivers that impact security policy and practice
- Knowledge of IS security principles and best practices
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative and dynamic environment with an expectation to assist in all InfoSec areas as needed
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities, communication and writing skills, interpersonal skills, Persuasion and negotiation skills
- For internal Synchrony applicants: Understand the criteria or mandatory skills required for the role, before applying.
- Inform your Manager or HRM before applying for any role on Workday.
- Ensure that your Professional Profile is updated (fields such as Education, Prior experience, Other skills) and it is mandatory to upload your updated resume (Word or PDF format)
- Must not be any corrective action plan (First Formal/Final Formal, PIP)
- Employees who have completed 18 months in SYF and 12 months in current role are only eligible.
- Last annual performance rating should at least be Strong Contributor / Critical talent.
- Splunk System & Data Administration certification and /or expertise.
- Splunk Architect certification and/or expertise.
- Linux administration and Scripting expertise.
- AWS / Asure certification and /or expertise.