Job ID: 1900001850
As a Manager you will have the opportunity to work on major business initiatives in the Fraud Prevention Strategy team (Transactional Fraud) that contribute to Synchrony Financial’s growth and productivity objectives. This role enables you to work directly with the business in catering to the end-to-end analytical needs. You will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams and leverage state of the art tools (viz., SAS, Python, R, Tableau, SAS E Miner, Model builder suite of products) along with managing projects.
- Develop and support Best-in-class analytic solutions/algorithms for Fraud Prevention Strategy team (Transactional Fraud) in the Credit functions as required
- Identify the key trends associated with fraud using advanced analytics and help the business to deploy necessary strategies to prevent the fraud
- Leverage internal and external customer and account information – use numerical, computational and operations research techniques to solve for Fraud Mitigation
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously. Manage projects independently.
- Communicate fraud trends to Fraud Analysis and Strategy manager and senior leadership.
- Coach analysts in various business/technical aspects, establishing priorities and coordinating work.
- Support tracking and reporting of strategy champion/challenger tests including preliminary analysis of the performance of the different strategies.
- Facilitate “Lessons Learned” session at close of each project. Follow through on action items to ensure “Best Practices” are incorporated into future projects.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- 5+ years’ Consumer Credit experience in Analytics with Degree in following Majors – Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science/Engineering or other quantitative majors
- At least 3+ years hand on experience in Advanced Analytics.
- Working knowledge of Logistical/Linear/Regressions CHAID/CART/Clustering techniques, Optimization (LP, NLP, Integer Programming), Simulation & Neural network tools.
- Working knowledge of SAS, Python/R, SQL, Unix, Excel. Tableau, SAS E Miner would be a plus
- Strong Team Player in cross-functional environment and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
For Internal Applicants: Understand the criteria or mandatory skills required for the role, before applying.
Inform your Manager or HRM before applying for any role on Workday.
Ensure that your Professional Profile is updated (fields such as Education, Prior experience, Other skills) and it is mandatory to upload your updated resume (Word or PDF format)
Must not be any corrective action plan (First Formal/Final Formal, PIP)
Employees who have completed 18 months in organization and 12 months in current role and level are only eligible.
Last annual performance rating should at least be Strong Contributor / Critical talent.
Only Level 8 & 9 are eligible to apply
- Exposure to Big Data technologies
- Knowledge of R/Python and other open source tools.
- Working knowledge of credit bureaus.
- Work experience in a US financial institution or bank.
- Systems Implementation experience.
- Knowledge of US, Canadian credit bureau data