Job ID: 1800002774
About This Position:
Do you have an eye for designing delightful product experiences? Do you want to be part of a game-changing and category-defining company and team that transforms commerce? Are you an accomplished product design leader with an elegant and modern design aesthetic, as comfortable managing a high-performance creative team as you are with envisioning a delightful user journey? If yes, join us at Loop Commerce!
Acquired by Synchrony in June 2018, Loop Commerce is a transformative force in the $400 billion Gift-Commerce category. Based in Menlo Park, CA, we help leading brands and retailers like Target, Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus eliminate the traditional obstacles their customers face when trying to purchase items as gifts. Our flagship product, GiftNow, seamlessly integrates into online stores to provide both gift givers and recipients a straightforward, hassle-free and delightful gift-giving experience. Imagine the ability to send someone the perfect gift without having to know size, color, or even shipping address–that’s the magic of the GiftNow platform.. This creates a more confident, faster,hassle-free and delightful end-to-end experience for the gift senders and receivers.
Loop Commerce and GiftNow have been profiled by numerous news organizations including CNBC, CBS, USA Today and Forbes–to name a few–for developing game-changing technology that both created and defined the burgeoning Gift-Commerce category. While maintaining its warm, vibrant startup culture and rapid pace of innovation, Loop Commerce now has the full backing of Synchrony to fuel and accelerate its growth in creating meaningful gift experiences at scale for millions of people.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for leading and managing all aspects of Loop’s design and creative efforts, across all channels and device types, with a mobile-first mindset.
- Hire, manage and mentor a team of visual, UI and UX designers.
- Develop, implement, and evolve the company’s overarching design strategy.
- Lead the definition of design throughout the product life cycle, from initial explorations to final deliverables. Push the boundaries for innovation and creativity cross-functionally.
- Translate conceptual ideas into compelling experiences and dynamic visual presentations, turning usability findings into design improvements. Be hands-on and lead by example.
- Establish and socialize agreed-upon design specifications and standards to ensure that designs are completed on time and adhere to that standard.
- Monitor relationships with external design agencies and vendors to ensure quality of creative output and a common design standard and vision.
- Implement Key Performance Indicators for design teams and partners to enable ongoing, best-in-class performance.
- Assess change management requirements across product portfolio to align with design strategy and internal customer needs.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a design system and standard for Loop across visual, voice and tone.
- Collaborate with Loop’s leadership team to create effective strategies that drive and achieve specific objectives for the business.
- Establish visual brand identity and guidelines for both the company and its product portfolio.
- Ensure that design team output maintains the highest standard of quality, thoughtfulness and creative production.
- Lead design sprints.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising or Design, or a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in design
- Strong online portfolio
- A minimum of 7 years of Visual or UX design, UI layout, & typography experience in consumer products
- Minimum of 3 years of people leadership experience
What We’re Looking For:
- Strategic thinking with ability to develop and implement actionable plans to drive business results
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the tradeoffs.
- Strong empathic skills – understanding how and why an interface succeeds or fails for the customer
- Ability to take the intel, analytics, and pull the story together
- Passion for opportunities Loop has to offer its customers, retailers & partners
- Outstanding communication, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to partner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated project management skills – lead design sprints, proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality and demonstrated experience planning and managing complex project schedules.
- Hands-on knowledge of agile product development processes
- Can-do, positive attitude.
- Stays abreast of the latest trends & design improvements in techniques and product experiences and assess which will contribute high value to the business
- Passion for leading design at Loop
Extra Points for Candidates With:
● Start-up experience
● E-commerce experience
● Education background in design, HCI or related field
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.