Job ID: 1900001431
The role serves as the primary liaison between client and Synchrony on all initiatives that have direct impact on the relationship. The role will work closely with business and client to drive strategic initiatives that foster the ongoing growth and profitability of the relationship. General Manager will have direct P&L responsibility for the P66 portfolio and will be expected to drive portfolio pricing, contract renewal and daily program administrative duties.
- Direct P&L responsibility for the P66 portfolio.
- Partner with cross-functional team in the development and implementation of key strategies required to drive market penetration and growth in assigned market segments.
- Develop and execute detailed client growth strategies.
- Effectively communicate growth strategies/progress to key stakeholders.
- Drive execution of a comprehensive sales force effectiveness rigor needed to execute detailed business growth strategies.
- Team with marketing to develop and execute an effective market focused partner messaging and communication strategy.
- Deliver on business profitability and growth objectives.
- Drive professional development, mentoring and coaching of direct reports and functional support teams.
- Lead contract administration, deal renewal and budgeting and forecasting process for assigned business Portfolio.
- Establish effective working business relationship with clients and key industry/market contacts.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years of work experience in the Financial services field.
- Minimum of 5 years of client management experience or retail card experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ project management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership/team building experience with a solid track record of coaching, building both strong cross-functional alliances and motivating others to act in a boundary less fashion.
- Demonstrated prior experience involving contract negotiations, competitive pricing, business planning and P&L management.
- Travel and Entertainment Industry experience a plus
- Strong marketing, creative and analytic skills
- Proven ability to influence corporate decision makers; strong negotiating skills
- Ability to demonstrate innovation and creative approaches to business needs
- Proven ability to work remotely and independently
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 115,000.00 – 230,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.