Job ID: 1900000101
What are you working forward to?
At Synchrony we make sure our employees are always working forward to something exciting. On our Call Center team, this means ensuring our customers’ success—and we’ll do the same for you: through generous benefits, continuous learning and clear career progression.
What you’ll do as a Digital Technology Support, Sr. Representative?
You’ll handle inbound calls from our many cardholders and Customer Service Representatives, keeping exceptional customer service as your constant goal. You’ll mostly handle e-service inquiries, computerized customer information, resolve credit account issues, and most importantly, you’ll build relationships with clients, customers and colleagues.
What you’ll need to succeed
You’ll have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills; thrive in a team environment; and effectively communicate. You’ll need proficient computer skills, able to troubleshoot Web/Internet problems, including the ability to manage information in multiple windows, proficiently type while talking and be comfortable utilizing Microsoft Office and browsers.
- Answer incoming calls and emails (as needed) during shift and troubleshoot customer Web/Internet problems in a Service Center environment.
- Handle calls from Customers, Customer Service personnel and POS.
- Support Customer Service – General Inquiry volume, as needed.
- Resolve complex servicing technology issues (i.e. web, internet, eService, mService, etc.).
- Handle complex servicing technology issues from other departments in all Retail Credit Card and PSCC.
- Escalate, monitor, and track problems in appropriate trouble-management system to ensure timely resolution.
- Demonstrate functional skill to take ownership, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a single customer interaction.
- Maximize each customer experience in an organized and efficient manner.
- Seek opportunities to enhance customer service processes.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal/external customers.
- Effectively gain the customer’s cooperation to work through the troubleshooting process, ensuring first call resolution and appropriate follow-up.
- Team Player that also works independently, and seeks Team Lead/Supervisor support, when necessary, with a strong emphasis on high customer satisfaction.
- Must stay actively engaged in the learning and understanding for 20+ clients.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Internal candidates: minimum 6 months in Customer Service/Collections and Recovery
- External candidates: minimum 1 year Customer Service experience.
- Hands-on experience with MS Office 2010 Applications, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Experience with web browser applications.
Basic knowledge of mobile applications, including Android, iPhone and tablets.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts which will include evenings, weekends and overtime, as necessary.
- One year of previous experience in Customer Service.
- One year of Call Center Experience.
- Technical background and hands on knowledge using browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, FireFox is a plus.
- Technical background and/or 1-2 years related technical internet troubleshooting experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrated affinity for building and maintaining rapport with internal/external clients and customers – must be patient and approachable.
- Must be able to easily identify and articulate complex ideas and issues and give clear direction.
- Ability to achieve established goals and performance metrics.
- Maintain composure in stressful situations to manage and diffuse escalated interactions, and ability to perform in a fast-paced environment – adaptable to change.
- Facility to multitask between multiple tools and systems and apply information and knowledge to customer situations.
- Capacity to organize calls efficiently and resolve customer issues.
- Knowledge of Quicken and financial download packages is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of security applications including antivirus software and mobile apps – Knowledge of Android, iPhone and Blackberry Operating Systems.
- Empowered individuals with demonstrated awareness of company policies and procedures.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.