Job ID: 1900001644
About Pet’s Best
Pets Best was founded in 2005 and has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Idaho five years in a row. We provide insurance coverage for dogs and cats and are the only veterinarian founded pet insurance agency in the United States. Recently we joined CareCredit, a Synchrony solution; and together we provide pet parents peace of mind and financial solutions for veterinary care when they need it most. Join our team of pet lovers who strive to treat our members and their pets like family by delivering the highest quality customer service and value.
Provides excellent customer service support to policy holders, third party referral sources, and veterinary clinics. Supports new and existing policy holders by explaining services, the claims process, and making policy changes as needed .
Hours of operation – 7am to 7pm Monday through Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturdays.
Set schedule with a rotating Saturday.
The starting salary for this position is $15/hr or higher DOE
- Responds promptly and professionally to inbound calls and emails regarding policy coverage and claims.
- Contacts new policy holders to introduce the company and explain the policy.
- Builds rapport with customer. Listens to and responds to requests and inquiries.
- Works to retain policyholders who inquire about canceling.
- Helps policyholders understand policy contract. Makes recommendations for coverage enhancements or policy changes.
- Process policy changes accurately.
- Communicates premium payment information. Payment plan options, policy change premium impact, one-time payments and alternate payment arrangements.
- Manages and utilizes time effectively to ensure department and individual goals are achieved.
- Documents all policyholder interactions and places policy in follow-up if applicable.
- Utilizes technical systems effectively and efficiently.
- Attends and participates in team meetings as needed.
Daily contact with all internal departments as well as policy holders, veterinarians and clinic staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years’ experience in insurance claims processing or customer support.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to review, record and organize written data from a variety of sources with no prescribed format is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Training or education in medical terminology or veterinary technician support a plus.
- Personal Lines producer insurance licenses required upon hiring and training.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 1033(E) Of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act Of 1994
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.