Job ID: 1267158
What are you working forward to?
At Synchrony we make sure our employees are always working forward to something exciting. On our Call Center team, this means ensuring our customers’ success—and we’ll do the same for you: through generous benefits, continuous learning and clear career progression. On our team, you’ll enjoy high starting wages (Current starting payrate is $13.75/hour. As of July 1st hourly wages will increase to $16.50/hour) and tuition reimbursement. From day one, you’re eligible for a benefits package that includes medical coverage for you whole family, dental & vision insurance, and a 401(k) with company match.
We’ve all been there—sometimes a bill just doesn’t get paid. That doesn’t make a customer any less of a VIP. In this role, you’ll tackle the important work of getting past-due accounts up to date. You’ll handle outbound calls, set up payment arrangements, counsel our cardholders on their financial situations and use your communication and influencing skills to figure out why a payment is late and how to fix the situation. You’ll also investigate past-due accounts using tracking resources. Most importantly, you’ll build relationships with clients, customers and colleagues.
*YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT
• 6+ months of customer service experience in any industry or equivalent military experience
• Basic Math Skills – Arithmetic computation.
• Fully fluent in English and Spanish
• You must be 18 or older
• High school diploma or equivalent
• You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
• You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
• Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Sound like a challenge you’re ready for? If you’re working forward to a satisfying career with a team that’s got your back, let’s talk.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Synchrony is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, including minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
To work forward to something exciting, apply online at www.syfcareers.com