Job ID: 1900001924
The AVP Technology Project Manager – Confidential Cobrand Client is an individual contributor working in the Synchrony Financial Technology organization. The Technology Project Manager will be responsible for driving Technology solutions to meet client growth, productivity and compliance objectives for our retail partners.
- Partner with SYF Client Team leaders to deliver cutting-edge technology solutions
- Partner with Cobrand technology team to drive solutions for all credit initiatives
- Provide Technology support, client relationship, project management, vendor management, and functional expertise for the Confidential Cobrand Client
- Work with client teams to define business requirements for new projects and provide input on how to address systematically
- Function independently in a Project Management capacity and address issues proactively to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Manage projects and Technology resources through the following Technology project phases: Estimation, Funding, Scheduling, Requirements, Design, Construction, Testing and Release
- Experience and Knowledge of Mobile and Web technology and development approaches
- Experience implementing consumer facing Digital Channels
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Plan and communicate the project status, milestones and critical issues with key stakeholders (business, client, Technology)
- Responsible for financials and controllership for assigned projects.
- Support resolution for recent releases and provide production support for assigned client(s).
- Gain knowledge of the retailer’s technical environment and processes, coordinate changes between the retailer and Synchrony Technology teams
- Ensures process rigor and adherence to project methodology standards, including ensuring all required project and client documentation is updated accordingly
- On call rotation for technical issues with SYF and Cobrand Client credit related systems
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Technology experience OR 2) in lieu of degree High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of Project Management experience in Technology environment
- Minimum 4 years Project Management experience including working on gathering business requirements, planning and defining enhancements, and managing projects through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Superior oral, written, and client communication skills, as well as the ability to manage expectations of the business, clients, team members, management and external groups
- Experience managing Technology relationships with external clients
- Experience in a Retail Bank or Financial Services
- Credit card processing experience
- Experience working as a liaison across various business functions on Technology projects
- Possesses analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen including a broad understanding of Synchrony Financial business processes and practices
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and work effectively across business boundaries
- Technical depth – ability to understand technical requirements of projects and effectively manage resources, vendors and clients
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.