Job ID: 1900002039
Synchrony’s Developer Portal is advancing every day. We are looking for an Agile Scrum Product Owner to continue the initiative to showcase Synchrony’s technology and provide self-service functionality via the Developer Portal. In this role you will work with the Product Manager, Development team, API teams, and business/marketing stakeholders to identify, document, design, and develop new features for our Developer Portal.
Day to Day:
- Lead Synchrony’s API transformation and public face for technology via the development portal. Service as Technical evangelist and showcase power of platform to internal resources and clients/partners.
- Responsible for driving technology innovation strategy and incubation for the next generations of consumer facing products
- Understand the needs of customers (both internal and external) for ever evolving the Developer Portal offerings
- Oversight and leadership of the wing-to-wing Agile product development cycle including build, test, launch, and adoption
- Develop & execute the product strategy for Synchrony’s Developer Portal
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, internal development resources, clients, and Cloud team to understand customer needs and define the product roadmap
- Be a trusted technology advisor to stakeholders while managing expectations and maintain their engagement in user story creation & prioritization
- Regularly communicate with other Product Owners to facilitate cross-team collaboration and adoption
- Maintain high level of support & monitoring for the Developer Portal, in order to proactively identify risks and optimize product adoption
- Partner with API development teams to productize and promote new API products via the Developer Portal
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 to 10 years of IT experience
- 2 years of experience in Agile Product Owner (CSPO) or Scrum Master (CSM)
- Demonstrated experience managing scope and expectations of large technology projects including business/technical requirements, budgets, schedules, distributed resources, and dependencies
- For Internal Applicants: Understand the criteria or mandatory skills required for the role, before applying.
- Inform your Manager or HRM before applying for any role on Workday.
- Ensure that your Professional Profile is updated (fields such as Education, Prior experience, Other skills) and it is mandatory to upload your updated resume (Word or PDF format)
- Must not be on corrective action plan (First Formal/Final Formal, PIP for Exempts)
- Employees who have completed 18 months in SYF and 12 months in current role and level are only eligible.
- Last performance rating should be at least Critical Talent
- Only L09 & L10 are eligible to apply for this role
- Agile Product Owner (CSPO) or Scrum Master (CSM) or comparable certification
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Scrum tools (i.e. JIRA)
- Track record of creative problem solving and ability to thrive in a cross-functional and technology facing environment
- High energy, self-motivated, with strong communication and prioritization skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with one of the API management platform such as Apigee, IBM API Connect, MuleSoft API, or similar
- Experience with RESTful API design/development and web portals.
- Experience in the banking / credit card industry