Job ID: 1900002758
The System Engineer will act as the technical lead for banking applications supporting the bank customer service representatives and digital platforms. Utilizing deep systems knowledge, the engineer will architect programs that are maintainable, scalable and flexible for our customers. The engineer will be responsible for carrying out the vision and goals for the banking applications and work with internal and external stakeholder to deliver high quality, maintainable and scalable products.
- Support Fiserv products used at Synchrony like Signature, Aperio, ConnectedTeller, ePayments, Source Capture Optimization, etc.
- Provide Level 2 production support for all supported products
- Work with Fiserv in defining and understanding roadmap of incremental improvements and develop technical solutions for supported products
- Work hand-in-hand with business stakeholders and Fiserv for any requested modifications, support business functions and develop technical design for required changes
- Responsible for reviewing and approving all Fiserv system modifications and perform full impact analysis
- Strong knowledge of microservices and Java Spring Boot
- Design and develop services to integrate with Fiserv products to support Direct to Consumer digital platforms
- Responsible for managing and coordinating with SYF and Fiserv Support teams to implement system upgrades, ensuring all modifications stay compatible
- Ensure compliance with architecture, security and technology standards set by Synchrony Financial
- Ensure compliance with change control and release management processes (including holiday freeze adherence)
- Serve as technical expect on applications within team of system engineers
- Provide insight and guidance based on lessons learned and best practices
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 4 years of IT experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working on complex systems integration
- Minimum 2 years working on a cross functional team
- Prior experience working in production support
- Prior experience in Java Spring Boot and developing microservices
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience with supporting, maintaining and implementing Fiserv’s products
- Working knowledge of programming languages, platforms and technology to provide technical and/or business solutions to customers
- Strategic perspective with demonstrated accountability and execution
- Significant experience developing and supporting information systems
- Demonstrated analytical skills, structured problem solving and using available tools to troubleshoot systems, identify root cause, action plans, impact and resolution options
- Creativity, enthusiasm and energy with a strong customer “can do” attitude and result oriented.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the proven experience managing expectations of the business, team members, management and external groups
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven experience applying technology to solve business problems
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with different IT and business teams.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.