Job ID: 1900002047
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to design and develop consumer-centric low latency analytic applications leveraging Big Data technologies for our Enterprise Data Lake initiative.
- Lead developer in the development team of big data engineers
- Implement a big data enterprise data lake, BI and analytics system using Hive, Spark, RedShift, EMR (Hadoop)
- Responsible for design, advanced development, testing oversight and implementation
- Works closely with program manager, scrum master, and architects to convey technical impacts to development timeline and risks
- Coordinate with data engineers and API developers to drive program delivery.
- Drive technical development and application standards across enterprise data lake
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- BS in computer science or engineering degree, Master degree preferred
- 4+ years experienced hands on working experience on Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Pig Sqoop and Oozie.
- Implementation and leadership experience across the technology stack.
- Ability to lead and influence across departments and across levels of leaderships
- Experience working in real-time data ingestion is required.
- Experienced in sourcing and processing structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Experience in Data Cleansing/Transformation, Performance Tuning.
- Experience in Storm, Kafka, and Flume would be a plus.
- Experience working on Ab Initio would be a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Big Data administration (Ambari).
- Extensive experience working with data warehouses and big data platforms
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with senior leaders
- Hortonworks or Cloudera or MapR Certification would be a plus
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Outstanding written and verbal skills and the ability to influence and motivate teams
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-changing business needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept and presenting complex topics, influencing and executing with timely / actionable follow-through.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to convert information into practical deliverables. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 – 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.