Job ID: 1900001945
The AVP, Strategic Analytics will be a key member of the Retail Card Analytics team supporting several Retail Card portfolios. This role will help support client teams by proactively providing analytics solutions that drive strategic changes to marketing strategy. Past projects include forecasting, segmentation (both supervised and unsupervised), client data model development, cohort analysis, campaign analysis, developing Tableau dashboards, and other activities related to improving portfolio performance across multiple clients.
- Provide analytic support and thought leadership for various clients through the utilization of data mining and retail business knowledge
- Manage projects from beginning to end, including ideation, data mining, strategy formulation, and presentation of results and recommendations
- Conduct extensive analysis of performance trends and leverage analytics to target growth opportunities in an omni-channel environment
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to drive large-scale, corporate flagship projects for the client
- Integrate internal and external data into analysis for complete view of the business to drive marketing efficiencies and uncover new opportunities for growth
- Use segmentation and model development techniques to develop new targeting and customer behavior profiles for internal marketing campaign development and external client needs
- Proactively identify and incorporate new sources of data and open source software to enhance analytic tools, as well as new analytic techniques to develop differentiated analytic solutions
- Work with third party vendors to incorporate benchmark analyses/insights into client marketing strategy
- Conduct Ad-hoc analysis when required
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or related quantitative field. In lieu of degree, a high school diploma and 7+ years of marketing analytics work experience in the financial services, credit card and/or payments industries.
- 3+ years of progressive work experience including:
- 2+ years of experience in analytics
- 1+ years of experience with statistical tools such as SAS, SQL, R, and Python
- Exposure to Tableau, R, or Python is a plus
- Advanced degree with emphasis in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science, Operation Research, Engineering or other quantitative field preferred
- Experience managing, moving, and manipulating data from multiple sources
- Experience with segmentation techniques such as decision trees or k-means clustering
- Experience with model development experience such as logistic regression, random forest, or gradient boosting is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership, analytic and problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Familiarity with consumer and commercial lending products and practices
- Ability to provide analytic support including pulling data, preparing analysis, interpreting data, making strategic recommendations and presenting to client/product teams
- Experience measuring marketing campaigns and interpreting results
- Ability to clearly explain technical and analytical information (verbally, written & in presentation form) and summarize for key stakeholders
- Outstanding communications, relationship building, influencing and collaboration skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 – 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.