Job ID: 1900003074
The AVP – Recovery Systems will be the process owner for Recovery Data. This individual will work with Senior Leaders from various business functions across Synchrony to understand their use of Recovery Data and ensure existing and future systems meet those requirements. This candidate will partner closely with Strategic Solutions and IT to develop technology solutions and projects to close existing data and reporting gaps. The ideal candidate will be able to create a strategic direction, formulate project plans, be the driver of projects in relation to recovery data, and ensure proper requirements are written and understood. The AVP – Recovery Systems would be responsible for partnering with IT on the Debt Manager project for our recovery data warehouse solution and ongoing changes and enhancements longer term.
- Partner with IT in developing a database solution for the Debt Manager project.
- Analyze Recovery Data requirements and partner closely with IT to develop technology solutions for the Debt Manager Project.
- Provide operational support for functions that utilize Recovery Data.
- Assist with a migration plan from legacy system to new solutions and ensure approved, documented, and successfully implemented.
- Act as the Process Owner for Recovery Data.
- Simplify and standardize, while improving visibility and controllership of recovery data documentation and communication to the process teams.
- Provide direction and support to other team members including mentorship.
- Coordinate and communicate on a frequent basis with cross-functional team members.
- Complete required documentation and maintain documentation control for Recovery Data and meet audit standards.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support in relation to Recovery Data.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing recovery reporting.
- Complete other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT, Data Analysis, Reporting or similar roles.
- Minimum of 3 years hands on experience in any: ETL, Oracle database, SQL or other data query tools.
- Minimum 3 years of database or software development.
- Minimum of 3 years Project Management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing requirements.
- Strong PC skills, Excel, Access, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in Collections / Recovery.
- Experience working with Collections & Recovery Systems
- Experience with Debt Manager Oracle platform, ETL tools, Schemas, and XML schemes a plus.
- Knowledge of FD, GECOM, Vision Plus, Wausau, and Fiserv applications.
- Green Belt Certified.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Ability to effectively interface and represent Synchrony.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding collaborative and team management style.
- Ability to multitask and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to successfully manage and implement projects on time and on budget.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.