Job ID: 1800003624
The AVP, ECE Product Owner will support Synchrony’s Enterprise Customer Engagement (ECE) strategic initiative to transform the data driven Customer Experience across Synchrony Financial; deepening relationships by leveraging the power of data analytics and technology to optimally engage all our customers.
- Leads the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives. Assists with the elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint or appropriate Kanban cycle. Write detailed user stories with acceptance criteria, and
- accept or reject stories once completed by the team
- Make critical assessments of MVP and swiftly driving the iterative process to a commercial product. Conveys the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release. Inspects the product progress at the end of every Sprint or release boundary and has complete authority to accept or reject work done. Communicates status externally
- Delivering Product Plans with significant detail to keep all parties on track and with clear understanding of product status.
- Owns backlog prioritization process and criteria; works with ECE leadership and Analytics to refine and improve
- Coordinate between multiple scrum teams working on the common product backlog within the department
- Leads with IT Program Manager to drive improvements to delivery process, scrum team alignment, and planning through development cycle.
- Collaborate with Analytics to track and report on ECE performance, ensuring metrics and success are defined, and team pivots appropriately based on results
- Influence across a matrixed organization, including formal presentations to senior executives
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, leading cross-functionally to manage large and complex technology programs, or in lieu of a degree, 8+ years in project management, leading cross-functionally to manage large and complex technology programs
- 3+ years Agile Product Owner or Product Manager experience
- 3+ years Financial services experience
- Co-location with Agile team
- Strong experience with Identity products and working across the teams, activating models, understanding analytics, data movement, identity structures and data lakes/Hadoop.
- Hands on experience in Agile
- SYF experience in marketing, sales/commercial, credit, or operations
- Knowledge of credit management applications, marketing and service technologies, and data management
- Clear thinker who can seek out and identify key data themes and distill the findings into actionable strategies, tactics, and solutions
- Ability to define minimal viable product to pilot quickly, validate assumptions and gain feedback
- Employs a collaborative skill set with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes in a cross-functional, matrix organization, and lead/influence at senior levels in the organization
- Confident, autonomous decision-maker with demonstrated business prioritization experience, conflict-resolution skills, and ability to thrive in a cross-functional and virtual environment
- Strong communicator that can summarize complex problems and projects into clear and succinct messages
- Demonstrated presentation skills: able to build and deliver effective presentations tailored to the needs of various audiences
- Direct people management
- Completion of formal SCRUM training or similar Agile software development course
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.