Job ID: 1900001561
Millions of cardholders. Billions of transactions. All automated and supported 24/7/365. Who designs and creates the platforms to run all those applications? You, if you join our IT team as a PCF Cloud Engineer/Architect.
As a PCF Cloud Engineer/Architect, you’ll be in a vital role leading the design and architect solutions for the platforms that help our cardholders manage their finances on the go. You’ll be a cloud pioneer, gaining experience that will be relevant for decades to come. Using tools like our Innovation Station, you’ll collaborate with an ever-evolving company that respects both the work you do and the life you lead.
It’s the ideal time to come aboard—we’re focused on the future, continuing to evolve as a company and help define the financial technology industry. With so much opportunity available, this is where you can make your mark.
You’re the one we’re looking for if you:
- Are comfortable tackling new challenges and ways of working
- Are ready to move from traditional methods to agile ones
- Are committed to helping us transform and build a private cloud
- Have tactical experience building out and engineering
- Are ready to define your career path
- Are comfortable challenging your peers and leadership team
- Can prove yourself quickly and decisively
We’ll depend on you to:
- Lead the design and architect solutions that meet SYF business requirements to deliver business value by enabling rapid innovation through modern software development and product delivery through rapid innovation and continuous integration.
- Design and architect elastic, resilient and self-healing Cloud applications
- Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to deliver applications to production, fostering a culture of continuous process improvement
- Perform Technology Alternate Assessment, create Proof-of-Concept (as necessary) Provides guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Platform Engineering during development, launch and continuing refinement of PCF and integrated 3party solutions.
- Collaborate with internal technical resources and third party vendors to resolve issues and to understand the causes behind the issues and provide solutions.
- Maintain deep hands on technical knowledge of PCF and Application infrastructure and architectures. Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
- Provide daily support for PCF related development activities including, creation and maintenance of automation scripts, build pipelines, cloud integration and evaluation
- Work with team members to design, architect and implement solutions across geographic locations
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to PCF platforms
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of experience in Information Technology OR in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree, High School diploma and minimum 8 years of experience in Information Technology in hands on technical role
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development (languages, systems and frameworks such as Spring/Java, Ruby/Rails, Go, Node.js, messaging (RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS), RDBMS, NoSQL and Hadoop)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working on or leading teams performing systems automation and integration (in an agile methodology and/or using lean techniques preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, and/or other Continuous Integration tools
- Recent experience with design, implementation of Cloud native systems (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and software solutions for Containerized, Micro services based eco-systems, Application modernization, migration and development on PaaS platforms.
- Expert in cloud native application design, PCF Reference Architectures, 12 factor app principles
- Hands on experience with Chef, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
- Experience with a platform as a service product offerings like Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS or Azure is a big plus
- Experience working with SAML, oAuth 2, Active Directory and network protocols
- A software development background or with experience in DevOps automation
- Solid communication skills, highly motivated and demonstrate high level of initiative
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.