Job ID: 1900002125
The Operational Risk Management team is part of the 2nd Line of Defense (2LOD) within Synchrony. This role is responsible for performing independent operational risk oversight of information technology within Synchrony. This includes assessing and monitoring risks related to IT programs, adoption of emerging technologies and 3rd party risks specific to the IT function. The position reports to the VP, Information Technology Oversight.
- Engage the Information Technology organization in reviewing and assessing operational risks in the deployment and use of technologies
- Monitor risks being accepted by the business and provide an independent assessment of the risk-taking activities
- Perform formal assessments of technology risks using common processes within Risk Management, including Targeted Reviews, Concurrent Reviews and Continuous Monitoring
- Evaluate emerging technology, such as Cloud Computing and Artificial Intelligence, to develop control objectives based on regulatory guidance and assess the risks in Synchrony’s adoption of these technologies
- Monitor new technology introduction processes for consistent risk-based execution
- Perform concurrent reviews of IT programs related to the conversion or deconversion of partner/client portfolios
- Review risks within IT third-party supplier base with consideration for unique risks based on the vendor relationship and services (e.g., purchased software, software as a service, service providers, staff augmentation, etc.)
- Design and implement new key risk indicators (KRI’s) and related thresholds to enhance the 2nd Line of Defense monitoring and business engagement
- Manage risks and issues within the Synchrony’s enterprise governance application (eGRC)
- Manage risks and issues within the eGRC application
- Support annual SOX risk testing activities
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 2 years of information technology or data analytics experience
- Familiarity with information security and risk management concepts
- Proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail and quality control of work product
- Experience in financial services or banking industry with understanding of financial services regulatory environment
- Experience in IT operations and/or application support
- Experience with data sourcing and reporting processes with ability to design and implement new analytical capabilities
- IT Project management experience
- Proven experience working in an ambiguous environment with proven ability to explain complex concepts and support points of view
- Strong presentation and communication skills with proven experience interacting with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in PC tools (Microsoft Suite, including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to foster relationships and create informal networks, both internal and external
- Curiosity with the ability to learn new concepts
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 – 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.