Job ID: 1900002163
Synchrony is looking for a talented and passionate Scrum Master to join our team, focused on driving the evolution of Synchrony mobile app capabilities, as well as supporting apps for clients like Foot Locker, Shoe Carnival, Tillys, Ardene and other retailers.
You’re the one we’re looking for if you:
- Are comfortable tackling new challenges and ways of working
- Are ready to move from traditional methods to agile ones
- Are comfortable challenging your peers and leadership team
- Can prove yourself quickly and decisively
The AVP, Digital Scrum Master will be responsible for leading one or more of our agile scrum teams executing on native app development within the digital organization. This role is responsible for collaborating with digital product owners and clients in setting the roadmap for the apps, driving new innovations, and leading the agile teams to deliver. The ideal candidate will have a strong project management background with a focus on digital projects and agile development, as well as a proven track record of delivering critical initiatives.
- Lead multiple agile scrum teams to deliver on externally facing client native app capabilities
- Roadmap, release and sprint planning and management
- Support scoping of projects and facilitating effort estimates
- Provide mentoring to other members of the project management team
- Create project plans and manage projects for complex mobile application implementations
- Manage meetings, reviews, and ceremonies to keep projects on time, within scope and within budget
- Review user stories/requirements, report project status to external & internal stakeholders
- Collaborate and build consensus among peers, team members and external partners for project success
- Set expectations & coordinate activities with internal teams, clients, and 3rd party vendors
- Use project management tools like JIRA, Confluence, Slack and Smartsheets to plan and manage process, people and projects
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 4 years of experience in Information Technology OR in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree minimum 7 years of experience in Information Technology
- Minimum of 3 years project management or scrum master experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams, software developers in particular, and specific experience practicing Agile methodology
- Previous experience working with and communicating directly to clients
- Developed business requirements and followed them from conception to completion
- Participated in management of projects and implementations with both large and small corporate organizations
- Advanced iPhone and/or Android user
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Slack; fluency in MS Office
- Superior organization skills and adept at multi-tasking
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
- An analytical approach to problem solving and trouble shooting
- A “can do” and flexible attitude with an ability to hit the ground running and learn on your feet
- High level of initiative and can work well in a team environment
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.