Job ID: 1900002726
As a Digital Product Manager for SyPI, you will be responsible for developing and implementing enhancements and new capabilities with clients for one of Synchrony’s mobile app platforms, the Synchrony Plug-In (SyPI). The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, have experience working with clients and technical development teams, project management and Agile background working with multiple cross functional teams; specifically IT, marketing, operations, and clients, and have experience with mobile apps. This individual will collaborate with external clients, IT and other strategic partners and have direct responsibility for completing business requirements, user testing, writing agile stories and managing sprints across multiple agile dev teams.
- Lead integration of new SyPI features into external client mobile apps and consult clients on ongoing development and roadmap
- Present enhancements to Synchrony retailers and client-facing teams. Develop communication materials and promote the benefits of introducing new features
- Manage the product enhancement roadmap for SyPI
- Act as Product Owner on SyPI agile dev teams to define business requirements, conduct user testing, write agile stories, prioritize agile backlogs, manage sprints & defects during the development cycle
- Work with the SyPI Product Leader on strategy development, requirements and the product roadmap. Partner with client teams and platform leaders to ensure alignment with business goals.
- Monitor cardholder and client feedback (e.g. App store reviews) and resolve any issues identified
- Collaborate with cross functional groups (client teams, IT, Credit, Operations) to drive priorities, manage Agile activities and achieve buy-in for client mobile App objectives
- Build deep understanding of customer and Synchrony platform needs and provide input to deliver future product features
- Participate in/support broader Marketing Innovation team and Innovation Station team objectives, including business development presentations, BOLT Sessions, ETI process, Hackathons and other activities
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma and 3+ years of project management experience
- 3 years of marketing or digital technology experience, preferably in credit card or financial services (can be concurrent with the requirement above)
- 2 years of relationship management experience including the ability to develop strong working relationships with cross-functional business partners, communicating with both technical/non-technical resources (internal, client, vendor)
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 30%)
- Passion for learning about new technologies and identifying ways to drive innovation
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills within all levels of the organization. Effectively communicate and influence all leadership levels of Synchrony and its partners
- Strong communication skills and experience working with external clients & technical development teams
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop and implement actionable plans to drive business results
- Strong project management experience with a record of delivering on time and across functions
- Strong digital proficiency, including launching new products and capabilities and understanding of mobile devices and applications
- Experience working with Agile teams including writing stories and managing Sprints
- Consumer finance and/or retail marketing experience with an understanding of core financial drivers
- Experience working in and navigating a highly regulated business
- Supplier management experience
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 30%)
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.