Job ID: 1900001493
This role supports Synchrony’s enterprise-wide fraud detection and mitigation efforts. The Detection Content Leader will utilize data management and thought leadership skills to drive and create cutting edge ways to proactively detect fraud leveraging current and new tools. You will work with a dynamic cross-functional team to make a positive impact on our financial performance.
- Partner with Information Technology, Security, Enterprise Operations, Credit/Fraud Strategy, and Cyber Intelligence teams to leverage tools like Akamai and Iovation and improve the current filtering to mitigate attacks.
- Leverage data to identify exposure and potential attacks, to tune existing tools.
- Identify new tools and technologies to better mitigate cyber risk and fraud.
- Utilize metrics to track the performance and efficiency of detection signatures/rules and associated technologies and make recommendations for change as needed.
- Interface with fellow team members, colleagues on the various credit/fraud, security team, business partners, management, vendors, and external parties on best practices
- Responsible to ensure tools and processes are documented and meet regulatory requirements.
- Understand business objectives, priorities, drivers and technology focus areas
- Ensure that expectations are met and ensure high customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against SLAs
- Benchmark and implement industry best practices to mitigate potential fraud threats to Synchrony, its customers and clients
- Support the design and implementation of procedures and controls necessary to mitigate fraud exposure
- Provide expertise and counsel to management, other organizations, and special project personnel
- Support the preparation of appropriate reports and communicate status and results to senior management
- Collaborate with management in developing technical directions, setting objectives, and setting realistic and challenging goals
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related field, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Technology; OR in lieu of the bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 9 years of experience in Fraud and Information Technology.
- Minimum of 5 years of Fraud, IT technology & security experience.
- Experience working with DW/DL environment Cyber threat detection experience leveraging industry standard toolsets for detecting anomalous / malicious cyber activity on hosts or across networks
- Dynamic Team player
- Hands on experience with Splunk Search and Reporting, and/or Splunk Enterprise Security
- Results driven, strategic, conceptual, and innovative thinker
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- Prior cyber incident response experience and/or experience working in high tempo cyber operations environments
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and strong problem solving with a common-sense approach to resolving problems
- Expertise to clearly define complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Excellent consulting skills and superior ability to develop and maintain effective client relationships
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.