Job ID: 1900002071
The AVP, Credit Analytics and Reporting will focus on developing and executing on strategies to source, structure, display, and analyze account, client, portfolio and platform level profitability data. The analyst will need to have strong understanding of credit and financial concepts and skilled in one or multiple data visualization tools and have an interest in learning about new or external tools that can be utilized. This role will work closely across multiple functions and disciplines including credit strategy, ALLL and loss forecasting, portfolio teams, and finance to help shape and refine various business strategies. This role will be leaned on as a subject matter expert in using account level profitability for data analytics, portfolio insights, performance trends and measuring impact of strategy changes.
- Lead cross functional team in the development of an account level view of profitability
- Utilize data analytics tools, such as SAS, to source and structure data for effective data analysis
- Utilize current data visualization tools to create portfolio performance and projection views that can be utilized to drill down into key portfolio drivers
- Develop and enhance views and reports to meet the business needs
- Work closely with credit strategy teams and portfolio credit managers to understand strategy and portfolio changes that may impact future performance/profitability
- Develop a tool to create scenario analyses and portfolio drivers to analyze potential outcomes from strategy or portfolio shifts
- Utilize insights and findings to drive business improvements that have an impact on credit strategies and performance
- Coordinate with finance and the loss forecasting teams to shape ongoing strategies and share findings and insights about key portfolio drivers
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years’ experience in analytics or in lieu of a degree 8 years’ experience in retail, business or private label credit
- 2 years’ experience in Risk, Credit, Finance or other Data Analytics role
- 1+ year experience with SAS and/or SQL programming language experience
- 1+ year experience with Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, or similar tool
- Master’s Degree desired
- Project management skills
- Hyperion experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, particularly with credit/risk/finance
- Experience developing strategies for how to utilize visual analytics tools to create projections and scenarios
- Strong proficiency with SAS, SQL or other programming language
- Strong user proficiency with Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics or similar took
- Familiarity with data lake technologies and programming languages (Hadoop, Python, Hive, etc.)
- Experience with RDG, CDCI, PDR and CLBP2 database a plus
- Outstanding collaborative and team management style
- Ability to multitask and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 – 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.