Job ID: 1900002128
Do you have the confidence to challenge the status quo, innate curiosity to identify problems and the analytical abilities to derive solutions? Are you a motivated self-starter? Do you have the know-how for analyzing financial information and processes?
We’re looking for someone that can:
Provide key assistance to the Regulatory Reporting process through the performance of Quality Assurance oversight and detailed transaction level testing within the Finance Controllership team, working closely with Finance Controllership; Regulatory Reporting Team; Internal Audit Team; Legal/Compliance and Regulators; in support of all applicable regulatory agencies and their reports, leading to the improvement of the overall data quality, internal controls oversight, and enterprise-wide awareness and accountability of the firm’s regulatory environment.
This role will be visible, demanding, and rewarding, interacting regularly with senior leaders and key partners in Finance, Risk, front office and other enterprise functions. This is a senior individual contributor role, with future managerial opportunities.
- Review regulatory reporting requirements and internal processes established to meet those requirements, including ensuring comprehension of underlying products, accounting concepts, data elements, and data flow.
- Overseeing and participating in planning & execution of QA artifacts including but not limited to test plans, test cases, test scripts, scenarios, traceability matrix and test procedures.
- Reviewing tools & technologies to improve QA processes and performing proof of concepts to evaluate and integrate new tools & technologies.
- Develop report specific testing methodology based on analysis of source system raw data, as necessary; work with other testing leads to ensure consistency across processes.
- Develop and apply logic to test relationships in transaction level data and reporting requirements, as applicable, and review data attributes to confirm they meet the parameters prescribed for the data element.
- Perform end-to-end transaction testing (from point of origin to reporting) to ensure data accuracy, data integrity, completeness, and conformance with regulatory reporting instructions.
- Maintain electronic work papers, process flows, operating manuals and other relevant process documents to ensure transparency and meet internal Policy requirements.
- Document findings in transaction testing memos, executive summaries, and committee reports.
- Act as a liaison to other teams to ensure accurate and timely remediation of findings
- Developing a scalable and reusable QA framework to simplify & automate testing of regulatory reports and to maximize test coverage.
- Understanding applicable regulations for regulatory reports and ensuring that QA processes validate conformance to regulatory requirements.
- Design and development of QA best practices as well as review processes to ensure consistency.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 5 years Financial Accounting experience in the Banking or Financial Services industry, including basic knowledge of offered products, or; in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years Financcial Accounting experience in the Banking or Financial Services industry.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- MBA or Professional Certificate a plus
- Audit / oversight experience a plus
- CPA Certification a plus
- Strong knowledge of financial services organization or support, internal controls framework and regulatory functions
- Experience in regulatory framework; regulatory interaction, including detail knowledge and understanding of key regulatory reports, such as the FR Y-9C, FR Y-9LP, FFIEC 041, FR 2900, and FR Y-11
- Experience in building monitoring, quality assurance, testing and oversight programs
- Experience in developing and implementing control points for business processes
- Track record of success in collaborating, partnering with and influencing senior leaders and peers
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.