Job ID: 1900001221
The AVP, Compliance Data Specialist is a new role supporting the Fair Lending, AML and other Compliance Programs. Primary responsibilities include the development/enhancement of our existing AML/BSA/OFAC and Fair Lending metrics and reporting packages, in addition to advancing our internal capabilities for testing and evaluating Models, Strategies and Tools for Fair Lending purposes. This high exposure role will provide analytic leadership while learning related regulations and laws.
- Develop/Review/Enhance AML/BSA/OFAC and Fair Lending metrics, reporting packages, and escalation triggers
- Develop and maintain Tableau Reporting
- Develop and maintain Nintex workflows to automate key processes and increase efficiency across compliance
- Support the annual Fair Lending and Money Laundering Risk Assessments (MLRA)
- Support the development of a multiphase action plan to further strengthen and enhance the MLRA to provide as close to real-time assessment of Synchrony’s AML/BSA/OFAC risk profile.
- Aggregate large data sets from multiple complex data sources, and conduct analysis to identify trends, action items, and key risk indicators: Present results to varying levels of management within the Risk function;
- Serve as the key contributor and lead analyst supporting the independent testing of Models, Strategies and Tools for Fair Lending purposes;
- Serve as the resident expert on machine learning models, defining criteria for the quantification of fair lending risk;
- Participate in Robotics Process Automation (RPA) projects, as necessary to reduce manual processes and increase efficiency;
- Support Internal Audit and Exam requests through the generation of data and fulfillment of reporting requests.
- Keep pace with the latest developments in academia, regulatory environment, risk technology and financial services industries to provide expert guidance to Synchrony Financial Compliance Team.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- 1) Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related quantitative field is required, and 4 years of work related experience in a risk analytics, modeling or reporting position; OR 2) in lieu of a Masters Degree, a Bachelors Degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related quantitative field is required, and 8 years of work related experience in a risk analytics, modeling or reporting position
- 6+ months of machine learning experience.
- Three (3) years of experience with statistical/reporting tools like SAS, SQL, Tableau, and Nintex/SharePoint.
- 3+ years of statistical analysis and the handling of large amounts of data and analyzing for trends
- Master’s degree
- Understanding of the Bayesian Improved Surname Methodology (BISG) and its application within Fair Lending;
- Understanding of ECOA, BSA and AML laws;
- Utilizing modeling techniques supporting one (or more) of the following: Credit, Fraud, Marketing, or Collections.
- Detail-oriented and results-driven with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage project progress to meet project timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.