Job ID: 1900002006
AVP, Big Data Hadoop Data Engineer, Synchrony Bank, Chicago, IL. Perform functional and system testing for Hadoop and Java/Spring applications. Integrate data across internal and external sources to provide analytical insights and integrations. Develop and automate functional, system, integration test plans, test scripts and report defects and testing results. Develop and execute data pipeline testing processes and validate business rules and policies. Engage in the agile development process. Create and maintain an integration and regression testing framework. Collaborate with Experience Data Engineer to develop advance analytic applications by leveraging Big Data technologies: Hadoop, NoSQL, and In-memory Data Grids. Actively identify areas of improvement and new business challenges to achieve sound business results.
40 hrs/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, plus 3 years of related work experience in the IT industry; OR a Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, plus 1 year of related work experience in the IT industry.
Must have at least one year of experience with each of the following:
- Conducting deployment of BI & Analytics solutions in complex large-scale environments by using Big Data Technologies such as MapReduce, Kafka, and/or HBase;
- Working with at least 3 of the following programming application: HIVE, HBase, MapReduce, Kafka, Spark, Java;
- Writing complex SQL queries, extracting and importing large amounts of data;
- Demonstrating the ability to write abstracted, reusable code components; and
- Executing programming language in Java or Python.
To apply, mail resume to: HR Manager, Synchrony Bank, 222 W. Adams St., Chicago, IL 60613 (reference: AVIL02).