Job ID: 1900001916
The API Architect will be responsible for teaching teams to utilize our new suite of API development tools, inclusive of: Apigee, NPM, and Jenkins. The API Architect will provide architectural guidance for API & Application development across Synchrony, helping teams understand how to leverage the API Gateway to their benefit and promote best practices for Microservice/SOA application development. The API Architect lives and breathes REST best practices and serves as the source of knowledge for RESTful API development. Additionally, the API Architect will be responsible for learning Synchrony’s domains and assisting teams to promote their APIs to the level of Enterprise & Productize APIs for wide market consumption. The ideal candidate may be an API developer or architect looking to expand their responsibilities to leading technologists.
The Architect will work with Application & Service development teams across the organization, managing multiple teams actively working at once. The Architect will help provide best practices for REST API development, and provide solutions for highly complex multi-service application implementations. The API Architect will also be designing and reviewing API specifications for REST best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree with modern application development experience
- 9 years of experience in Technology with 5+ years experience with Apigee, Mulesoft, or other API gateways
- Strong Technical Expertise in Java, Spring Projects – Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Spring Cloud, Git, Maven, REST and SOAP
- Strong Experience in developing microservices with 12-factor app methodology
- Strong Experience with Agile application development and familiarity with tools like JIRA
- Strong Experience with continuous integration environments and using tools like Jenkins
- Strong Experience writing unit and integration tests and familiarity with frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test
- Strong Experience in designing API’s using SOLID principles, Java and microservice design patterns with business acumen
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform like Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical peers
- Strong cross-functional team player with the ability to work seamlessly across a matrix organization
- Strong attention to detail in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze, use structured problem solving and available tools to troubleshoot systems, identify root cause, action plans, impact and resolution options
- Passionate to learn and understand diversified business domains and technologies
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and frameworks
- For internal candidates: Understand the criteria or mandatory skills required for the role, before applying.
- Inform your Manager or HRM before applying for any role on Workday.
- Ensure that your Professional Profile is updated (fields such as Education, Prior experience, Other skills) and it is mandatory to upload your updated resume (Word or PDF format)
- Must not be any corrective action plan (First Formal/Final Formal, PIP)
- Employees who have completed 18 months in the organization and 12 months in current role and level are only eligible.Last annual performance rating should at least be Strong Contributor / Critical talent.