Job ID: 1900001864
The role of AVP, Amazon Analytics is responsible for collaborating with our retail partner to develop actionable analytic insights for the Amazon.com Store Card credit program. This will involve customer analytics, segmentation, forecasting, reporting, and other activities related to improving portfolio performance, including new account growth and increased purchase volume.
- Partner with portfolio team and deliver complex analytical projects from beginning to end, including ideation, data mining, strategy formulation, and presentation of results and recommendations
- Create analytics frameworks to actively monitor Amazon credit performance and provide actionable insights and recommendations to business teams
- Collaborate with offshore analytics team. Coach and support development by providing analytics project plan & manage timely delivery of analytic projects
- Partner with Marketing Leader to drive business strategy rooted in cardholder insights. Develop integrated solutions to grow new account acquisitions, credit penetration, profitable sales, asset growth, and net income
- Provide strategic thought leadership to both the internal SYF client team and Amazon client team. Influence SYF and client partners to implement profitable marketing and offer strategies rooted in analytics
- Develop business case presentations and action plans to drive marketing strategy; including targeting recommendations, test design, product opportunities and cost/benefit analysis to review with client and SYF Marketing teams
- Analyze consumer touch points to identify and quantify CX enhancement opportunities
- Produce campaign analytics to track results of strategies deployed. Create test and learn culture through ongoing assessment of product and targeting strategies
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, OR in lieu of degree, high school diploma and 7+ years analytics experience in marketing, portfolio management, product development, loyalty programs in credit card/consumer businesses, or credit card risk strategy or retail analytics
- 5+ years of progressive work experience including:
- 2+ years analytics experience in marketing, portfolio management, product development, loyalty programs in credit card / consumer businesses, or credit card risk strategy or retail analytics
- 2+ years of experience utilizing SAS, SQL, or other analytic tools to perform data mining and complex analyses
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or another quantitative field preferred
- Proven hands-on experience utilizing SAS or SQL data mining skills as well as open-source tools such as R and Python
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Strong presenter to all levels of management with an ability to tell the story of data, what is important, and why
- Experience with modeling/forecasting, and strong understanding of targeting and segmentation
- Solid understanding of credit card industry financial P&L drivers and key sensitivities, with business performance reporting experience
- Ability to synthesize/analyze complex and diverse information and to develop and recommend strategies and communicate them clearly
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis, glean and form business insights under aggressive timelines
- Strong project management, communications, multi-tasking, relationship management and influencing skills and the ability to work independently are critical to success
- Digital marketing analytics experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity/ambiguity and multiple initiatives
- Advanced skills using Excel and PowerPoint
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.