Job ID: 1900001922
The Apigee Engineer will be responsible for developing tooling, automation functionality, and enhancing enterprise-wide API gateway policies and functionality. The Apigee Engineer may also provide architectural guidance for API & Application development across Synchrony, helping teams understand how to leverage the API Gateway to their benefit and promote best practices for Microservice/SOA application development. The Apigee Engineer lives and breathes REST best practices and serves as the source of knowledge for RESTful API development. Day to day the Apigee Engineer will work on tooling, policies, and functionality for the API gateway inclusive of enterprise-wide changes to logging, security, and error policies. The Apigee Engineer will ensure all components are thoroughly tested and validate with consumers prior to pushing any configurations to production.
The Apigee Engineer will work on API development, REST specification development, and Apigee related engineering work. This includes developing, enhancing, and bug-fixing shared flows, policies, service-callouts, AuthN/AuthZ, cryptology, and fine-tuning and enhancing the overall Apigee overhead of Synchrony APIs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree with modern application development experience
- 5 to 8 years in Technology with 3+ years with Apigee, Mulesoft, or other API gateways
- API Specification Design in JSON and YAML
- API development in an enterprise setting
- Experience with messaging/streaming application like Kafka
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform like Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical peers
- Strong cross-functional team player with the ability to work seamlessly across a matrix organization
- Strong attention to detail in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze, use structured problem solving and available tools to troubleshoot systems, identify root cause, action plans, impact and resolution options
- Passionate to learn and understand diversified business domains and technologies
- Strong knowledge of DevOps processes including Jenkins and Nexus
For internal candidates: Understand the criteria or mandatory skills required for the role, before applying.
Inform your Manager or HRM before applying for any role on Workday.
Ensure that your Professional Profile is updated (fields such as Education, Prior experience, Other skills) and it is mandatory to upload your updated resume (Word or PDF format)
Must not be any corrective action plan (First Formal/Final Formal, PIP)
Employees who have completed 18 months in the organization and 12 months in current role and level are only eligible.
Last annual performance rating should at least be Strong Contributor / Critical talent.