Job ID: 1900003017
This individual will be a key team member responsible for executing on various tasks within the controllership general accounting team. This role is a staff accounting role responsible for completing various general accounting related tasks including various month end close, reconciliation and reporting activities. This role will assist with governance related activities and testing such as required. This role will also assist in various cross-functional and multi-stakeholder projects affecting the above-mentioned activities. Unique opportunity to gain a broad understanding of general accounting processes at a large consumer finance company.
Monthly end close activities
- Preparation of various daily, monthly and quarterly accounting processes including manual journal entries and reports
- Assist in monitoring close activities including checklist, validation reports, reconciliation, and other administrative items.
- Prepare various reconciliations on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Monitor reconciliation status throughout the month
- Assist in compiling and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports to help with SEC, Regulatory and Community Reinvestment Act reporting.
- Perform testing of activities in governance pillars such as manual journal entry and policy adherence as required.
In addition, for the above areas, drive process improvements and simplification opportunities in Controllership processes.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or in lieu of degree, 8 years equivalent experience
Minimum 3 years Accounting/Finance experience
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- Controllership experience in a large organization or public accounting
- Experience in financial services industry
- Oracle GL and Oracle Hyperion product suite
- Advanced PC skills (Excel) – operating systems, GL, and other accounting/financial systems
- Demonstrated team player with collaborative, facilitation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to create operational guidelines and metrics to facilitate strong process performance
- Experience working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple & varied priorities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to manage multiple & varied priorities
Experience in accounting, controllership or financial analysis
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 52,000.00 – 110,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.